- Third-gen global i10 likely to make world premiere in India.
- Known as i10 globally, it is likely to be named Grand i10 here as the second-gen model.
- Expected to get the same 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines as current model, with 5-speed MT and an AMT option.
- New floating 8-inch touchscreen infotainment with BlueLink e-SIM technology expected.
- Currently priced in the range of Rs 4.98 lakh to Rs 7.63 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Expect the new model to be slightly more expensive.
We believe that the new Grand i10 will be roomier than before, especially since the new Santro is more spacious than the outgoing Grand i10. The updated exterior will feature Hyundai’s latest design language including the cascading grille. It has also been seen with new alloys and multi-reflector headlamps in previous spy shots.
No changes are expected on the powertrains for the new Grand i10. It will likely be powered by the same set of 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol unit makes 83PS and 113Nm while the diesel produces 75PS and 190Nm. Both engines come mated to a 5-speed manual with the choice of a 4-speed AT too. However, the 4-speed AT may be replaced by a 5-speed AMT that debuted on the new Santro with both diesel and petrol engines.